I have looked at this a few ways and tried the following .

1) Delete Cache
2) Full Library clear and rescan
3) Change the USB Drive (I have three 1TB drives all with the full music
folder on) Set the Library to use this new folder only , Delete Cache ,
Library clear and rescan .

None of this is changing this all the abums when viewed on SBT and on
Squeezebox server on line have duplicates in them . However if I look in
each of the folders in my music folder on HD the labums only have the
correct number of tracks no duplicates . This has to be somehting in
either the SBT or the Squeezebox server settings that is doing this . If
it had just created ghost duplicates I would be fine with that but if
you start an album from the 1st track it plays every track twice.

Having also reset the SBT and done a complete unistall and re install of
a new copy of LMS I am just lost at what to do now . Is there any
software I could run to change things in one go rather than have the
tedious work of deleting track by track ?