I've recently been messing with the VUMeter 'Now Playing' view to see if
an accurate meter calibration could be incorporated into it. The answer
appears to be 'Yes', and the attached file, a 'drop in' replacement
VUMeter.lua script, is the result.

It might amuse some. Whether it is worthwhile is another matter. So I
make this post on the small chance that someone other than me might be
interested.

It has been working as intended on the desktop Squeezeplay, and no
adverse side effects have become apparent to me. I don't own a Touch, so
I haven't been able to test it on a real Touch device.

Anyway, for anyone who may be interested in this experiment:

Either:
A) replace (after backing up) the existing VUMeter.lua, (in
share/jive/jive/audio) or
B) create directory userpath/jive/audio and install in there.

The file should be named 'VUMeter.lua' - the existing 'txt' suffix
should be removed.

Restart.

Option (B) may be preferable, as it can be easily removed. I find that,
with the desktop Squeezeplay,  a script in the userpath hierarchy will
be loaded in preference to the regular script.

A number of calibration points are provided. A swift double tap on the
screen will cycle through them (two taps within 375ms). A single tap
will just cycle through the regular Now Playing screens. A label will
appear at the top of the screen indicating the current calibration, or
no label if the existing (default) settings are in force.

Use of this script is at your own risk. I can't see any problem with it,
but I can't guarantee that there is no problem. There are other members
of this forum who would have the competence to make that judgement.

|Filename: VUMeter.lua.txt                                          |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13430|