mdrew wrote:
> I have been using a Duet for a few years now. When it works, I love it.
> When it doesn't, I hate it.
>
> I have had connectivity issues with the Duet from day one. It is more
> stable now then before, but I still have to conduct a factory settings
> reset from time to time.
>
> I have had more problems trying to stream Rhapsody with the duet than
> not. I dropped Rhapsody because of this. I recently subscribed to
> Rhapsody again, hoping the Duet interface would be improved since about
> a year ago. It is not.
>
> I have come to the conclusion that the Duet causes more irritation than
> it's worth. I am going to round file it, and go with something else.
> Sonos is on the top of my list, but I figured I'd ask about the Touch
> first. I prefer the Touch controller over the Sonos controller, but
> there's no way I'm sticking with Logitech if connectivity and other
> issues still remain.
>
> Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

well, I can confirm that my own two TOUCH units are rock solid in
streaming from the internet or my own local FLAC files (as are my Booms,
Transporter, and Radios).  I use MOG as a music service (and also
siriusXM and Pandora a bit).

But for full disclosure, I used a duet for a while, but replaced it with
a TOUCH. the duet receiver worked perfectly (it was wired), but it is
does seem to be the weakest of the line with regard to WIFI performance.
A good friend has been using a duet for maybe 3 years now (or at least
2). She has no clue how it works and she mostly listens to Pandora or
Radio Paradise. So she's always connected via mysqueezebox.com and her
duet receiver is WIFI.  She reports good solid performance when I ask
her about it....