Mardler wrote:
> The software is typical open source: developed by a bunch of geeks with
> little or no top down design and no thought for useability. .

The LMS is not really open source.  The bulk of it was developed by
Slimdevices (although in the first few years, I believe there were
sigificant ocntrinution from a few dedicated users) and now Logitech.
When new strategic feature or support for new hardware are being
developed they are usually hidden until ready for beta.  The "open
source" is the release s/w and users are free to change it for
themselves only and also offer patches for bugs. The patches are applied
mainly by Logitech staff.

Over the years many users have made similar remarks about shortcoming in
UI, design, modularity etc - however it is Logitech s/w and their staff
devleoping and maintaining it and have over the last few years tidied it
up.  Howevere the staff are also sometimes directed by corporate
strategy to develop features that become dead ends such as DLNA
support.

Many plugin and user are frustrated by LMS but there is little point in
complaining as it will not be rewritten.

This is a user to user forum and not a Logitech one - users try to help
users.  So if you could be more specific about the problems you are
encountering perhaps suggestions and workaround can be offered.