bheffernan wrote:
> I am thinking of purchasing an HRT Music Streamer II to use with the
> Enhanced Digital Output app.
> One question I had was does will the USB port continue to provide
> power as the HRT does not have a power supply.
> Hopefully I posted this question  correctly this is the first time in
> this blog.
> Thanks in advance

For the HRT StreamerII line to work properly you need a USB2 hub. The
hub can either be bus powered or externally powered, either way works
fine. The Touch supplies plenty of power for the HRT devices, the reason
you need a hub is that there is a bug in the Touch hardware which
prevents it from running async with a full speed DAC (such as the HRTs),
the USB2 hub talks high speed to the Touch and full speed to the DAC and
thus circumvents the bug.

You CAN use an externally powered hub if you like, but it's not
required.

John S.