diego wrote:
> In my experience, and I have used it many times, when you hold the
> buttom 10 seconds, it starts factory reset. Does nothing else, even if
> you press it longer. But I might be wrong...
>

> I can reinstall my old windows 3.1 to my old notebook with the backup
> image I have for this purpose any time in case something would mess
> up... the SBT is a computer, so it would be nice to have the same
> functionality. However, you are right, if a DVD player gets an error in
> its firmware, you probably won't get it to work anymore at home either.

As has been mentioned you can always load a firmware version from a USB
stick or SD card even if the flash is trashed, as long as the equivalent
of the BIOS (the boot loader) is intact. If you are woried about
logitech not supporting things in the future, grab a version of the
firmware you like and put it on a USB stick and keep that in your
fireproof safe. (you probably want a CD or stick of the matching server
as well) That should keep you going for a LONG time no matter what else
happens.

If the bootloader gets trashed recovering is a little more difficult.
You need to open the Touch up and attach a special cable which attaches
to a serial  port on your computer running special software that will
program a new bootloader  into the Touch, not something most users are
going to do. Fortunately the probability of the bootloader going bad is
VERY low.

John S.