cass wrote:
> Must admit I hadn't. I didn't actually realise you could re-install it
> free of charge until just now! I've just done it and will see if it
> makes a difference later.
>
> I'm currently trying to get my Netgear WNR2000 router to reserve an IP
> address for my PC, to eliminate any issue that may be caused by the IP
> address changing frequently. No joy with that so far - Googling suggests
> that DHCP address reservation doesn't work too well on a lot of routers.

You can set ip's statically directly on the devices (PC squeezebox and
whatever you got ) but then the router must support that can limit dhcp
to an adress range outside where you place our static ones . Using this
aproach you must also set gateway and DNS manually  (and possibly some
other stuff).
Thus eleminating the dhcp server as an issue in the squeezebox system,
and also not using the dhcp software in the squeezebox and andriod
device ,these are not without bugs either.