jhonsber...@msn.com wrote:
> I plan on using a computer connection direct to a dac without a Logitech
> Touch . With the asynchronous USB dacs out there , many of them superb ,
> I certainly don't see the need of buying discontinued product .

That's a good option and in fact what I did "before SB" (except at the
time using computer > S/PDIF > DAC). Main downside for me in returning
to such a setup is not being able to sync multiple players as I can now.
There's also the "noise" factor of having a PC near the stereo, but
this can be solved with a silent, fanless PC of some sort (fitpc2 or
something).