pippin wrote:
> What do you use as a server? I suspect that your server was down so the
> Touch was left unconnected (and iPeng, too).
> When you turned the touch back on, it then probably automatically
> connected to MySqueezebox.com making it remotely controllable again.
> When you do this and the touch was your selected player in iPeng, iPeng
> will follow the Touch to MySqueezebox.com so you can still use it (you
> should be able to see this in iPeng's player list, the active server is
> shown at the top) but iPeng's player doesn't work there, Logitech
> doesn't allow that, you need your own server to use iPeng's player.

I'm a little confused about your server question.  Are talking about
what's on the Touch (Tiny LMS?) or the LMS that's loaded on my laptop
(that's where my music files are stored)?

My laptop was off when I started iPeng this evening since I just wanted
to listen to Internet radio.  I just turned it on and now I see both the
Touch and my iPad listed as available players.

So are you saying that LMS on my laptop must be up and running to use
iPeng's player function?

What about getting iPeng to see the Touch when I first launch iPeng?

Sorry for my newly questions.  My knowledge of how all this works is
limited... ;)