agentsmith wrote:
> One more question on Vortexbox if I may.
>
> Someone mentioned that my slowness is due to slow NAS.  If I my
> Vortexbox has no internal storage and access the same NAS through the
> LAN, would I still experience the dramatic speed improvement?

I think Mnyb was saying LMS works smoother if the music files are
locally attached rather than network attached.  For example having the
music files stored on your Mac’s hard drive, or on an external
hard drive attached to the Mac, might be faster than running LMS on the
Mac and accessing the files over your network.

I think garym was referring to running LMS on a slow NAS as compared to
running LMS on a Vortexbox Appliance (the hardware solution of
Votexbox).

Guys, please correct me if I have misread your replies.