garym wrote:
> yes. and after installed, go to PREFERENCES > ADVANCED and somewhere
> related to music library there are a bunch of settings. Uncheck a lot of
> these things (related to organize music files automatically, deleting,
> adding, etc.). Just turn all that stuff off.  I have my files organized
> very specifically and even though I let itunes read/use the lossy
> versions, it doesn't CHANGE anything about the files or their
> organizations because of those settings.

Thanks guys.

If I decide I'd really like to load music on my iPad, I'll give iTunes a
try.  Of course I could just stick with taking my Sansa Clip with me
when I travel.  Being so small it would't be a big deal to take it and
my iPad along.

That said, I can see the possibility of wanting to download/purchase
music when away from home.  In that case would I be able to do so from
Amazon like before or does the iPad force you to use iTunes only, in
which case the music files would be in some proprietary Apple format
instead of a common format, ie mp3?