Stratmangler wrote:
> That's the way things happen, as far as I know.
> My server doesn't have the grunt to cope with downsampling, so any files
> I play are played at their native sample rate.

I didn't put this very clearly, so I'd like to clarify my point.

The Touch does not resample anything - it doesn't have the processing
grunt to do so.
The Touch with EDO installed will pass through any sample rate up to
24/192 via its S/PDIF Coax connection, and in certain (hardware
dependent) cirumstances it can pass 24/192 via USB too.

The server I referred to is on a Zyxel NSA310 NAS box and is great at
serving files, but it has no processing muscle and can't resample files
on the fly.
The version of LMS I run is downloaded by the NAS from Zyxel, and
resampling is not supported because of this lack of muscle.
To resample on the fly you need to have LMS installed on a reasonably
specced computer.

You already know my opinion on the DAC :)