eedork wrote:
> The D100 does show up as a USB option for the Touch when I select which
> output to use. So the Touch is recognizing the D100 to some degree. I'll
> ssh into it later and see if there any clues in the logs or dmesg
> output.
>
> Forgive me for not understanding S/PDIF better, but isn't S/PDIF applied
> over both the optical and coax outputs? If that's the case, there should
> be essentially no difference in quality between optical or coax with or
> without the EDO plugin, correct?
>
> -Matt

The optical is bandwidth limited (24/96) compared to the coax (24/192).
Sometimes equipment manufacturers use faster send/receiver optical
units, but AFAIK the Touch one is of the slower variety, so that
provides a bottleneck irrespective of the speed of the optical unit in
the D100.

Maybe there needs to be a powered USB hub between the Touch and the D100
- certain DACs have problems latching onto the Touch over USB, and it
might be the case here too.