dvmis wrote:
> > jomal wrote:
> > Thank you for the answer. Ok, so why it doesn't play files above 96k??
> > Where do I buy this interface?> >
>
> I can high recomend this one from Lucian in CH:
> http://luckit.biz/new/?tcp_product=waveio

The (only) problem with Lucian's one is it doesn't have balanced (LVDS)
I2S output, and the W4S DAC-2 only has balanced I2S input.  I'm thinking
about building one of these with an extra board to accommodate a
single-ended -> LVDS interface on the output side, but that's getting
into a pretty serious DIY project.

There are some converters on the market that might work.  Empirical
Audio's Off-Ramp 5 has a compatible LVDS I2S output but I believe this
may possibly license the M2Tech HiFace 1 chipset for its USB input, in
which case it'll suffer the same problems.  Essentially, one of these
types of devices is what you need, where the specs say it doesn't
require drivers for OSX or Linux.