ralphpnj wrote:

> Just a warning: have a backup plan and USE IT!!! You don't want to have
> to rip all your CDs again. Unfortunately I learned the hard way and it
> was not fun. So please backup your music library. And good luck with new
> set up, may you enjoy lots of music for many years to come.

I hear you; I have a second "backup" drive; as I rip to my main library
drive I copy the files to my backup drive.

Once I've gotten most of my CDs ripped, I may even opt for a third
backup drive. Given that the cost of a drive is roughly equal to the
cost of 10 to 30 CDs, backup drives are cheap compared to the investment
in my c. 2000 CDs, and the time spent ripping them.

Having such ready access to my digital music collection (not to mention
Internet streams) is quite an amazing experience; it makes me think of
the "visions of the future" from World's Fairs of decades past, or from
"The Jetsons"!