gellie wrote:
> Hi Gary , yes when i hook up optical to the oppo and RCA to the AVR
> there is no switching involved. However, under this setup i can only
> listen to 2 channel(ex sub) is by hitting the "pure direct" button on my
> AVR(while using the oppo optical in DAC). Not sure if this is the best
> setting. Thanks

i'm guessing pure direct is better, as you don't want to go from Touch >
digital (usb/spdif/optical) > Oppo DAC > receiver (where it takes the
Analog from the oppo DAC and converts it to digital again and then uses
the receivers DAC to convert it back to analog).  This is not typically
a good idea.   A better chain is:

Touch > digital (usb/spdif/optical) > Oppo DAC > receiver (where the DAC
of the receiver is bypassed).

But to be honest, I'm very confused by your setup.  But I'm not familiar
with your AVR and how it handles things.