baardbaard wrote:
> Hello
> I have just installed Amanero  Combo 384 USB to I2S in my Buffalo II
> DAC. It is connected SB Touch with 2 m USB cabel. Amanero is connected
> with 3 pices off 10 cm wire to the DAC board � no ground wire.
> I am randomly experience small drop outs when streaming Spotify and
> playing 16/41.1. When playing High-rez there is constant background
> noise.
>
> What to do?
> -     USB cabel too long?
> -     Touch is connected via wireless

Assuming you are using the I2S output is there any specific reason why
you haven't connected the ground wire?
I use the Amanero board I2S out to my Discreet Monica dac with the
ground wire connected. No drop outs ever. Excellent sound.

I've read a post on diyaudio.com recommending that you even connect one
ground wire for each signal wire arranging them side by side to prevent
rfi. That's why the board has a ground connection for every signal
connection.

Btw. the Amanero board is the best upgrade I've done considering the
hilarious price of � 79 or � 39 if you go for the group buy! If your
dac has an I2S input it's a no brainer. Provided you have a soldering
iron.