I have a question concerning USB DAC and if there is a need.  I am
currently running LMS on a dedicated PC, (soon to be a Raspberry pi).
The PC contains my music 90% is FLAC and 6% 320kbps mp3 files.  PC
connected to 1G wired network to my squeezebox duet.  From there I run
an optical fiber connection to my Denon AVR-890 receiver and out to the
speakers.  Would a DAC like the Asus Xonar Essence One
http://www.asus.com/Sound_Cards_and_DigitaltoAnalog_Converters/Xonar_Essence_One/#overview
give any noticeable benefit or would the DuetÂ’s receiver, I think is a
DAC?, be enough?  I just know little about digital to analog converters
and if there is need when all the signal is digital to the receiver?  I
thank you in advance for any help in this area.