On my OrangeSqueeze apps, I have two Podcasts menu items in My Apps. One
for each, but confusingly both named Podcasts. No Podcasts menu-item in
the Extras menu.

Yep, I see this in all 3rd party apps I've tested (iPeng phone & pad, SqueezePad, OrangeSqueeze, SqueezeCommander). They would even show me apps I haven't the corresponding plugin running on my computer (Flickr). I don't know what they're doing all the same, but different than SqueezePlay. My guess is that they connect to mysb.com as well and mix those apps in to the controller menu.

--

Michael