4mfd wrote:
> I don't know about other file types. I am in the process of digitizing
> my LP collection. I have a lot of mono LPs from the 50's and early
> sixties (especially jazz and chamber music). The files I'm talking about
> arise this way. I digitize mono LPs to 96/24 ALAC, and I'd have a hard
> time finding other mono files to try. I could play around and resample
> some of these files to see if they play at lower sample or bit rate. It
> may be a while until I have the chance to do that.
>

> Right now I have between 50 and 100 of these files. The number is
> growing. I'd rather not make them stereo as they play fine on my main
> stereo system.
>

> I don't know. I doubt that I'm the only person who is digitizing mono
> LPs in this format. They sound great, by the way (when they sound at
> all).

thats cool do you have a true mono pickup :) you dont see those in the
supermarket .

There is a whole lot of content never reissued at all or not in a good
way , some of it may bo gone forever unless people do this

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)