PasTim wrote:
> Thanks.  I know a few things already, such as it happens playing
> sequential tracks on the same album, same sampling rate, same disk, no
> change in covert art (and art not displayed anyway).  If I look at the
> server processes I see the flac process dying and then restarting at
> around this time.  In the past I tried sending flac instead of pcm and
> it still happened.
>
> I don't recall ever having had this before I used the revised Kernel.
> With intermittent faults it's really difficult to know what to try,
> since just because the problem doesn't show itself doesn't mean it's
> fixed, and I don't want to start changing kernels unless I have a
> reproducible problem.
I have now heard from one other user with a similar problem.  It seems
to be nothing to do with the Touch or the Enhanced Kernel.

It turns out that if you hibernate and wake the PC running LMS (in my
case a Vortexbox appliance), LMS itself causes the sound pause ~10 sec
before the end of each track.  Stopping and Starting LMS (no need to
reboot the PC) fixes the problem.  Given that LMS development has
(mostly) stopped I don't suppose anyone will look at this now. No matter
- at least I know how to get rid of the problem when it occurs.

LMS 7.8 on VortexBox Midi, FLACs 16 or 24 bit, up to 192kbps. Touch on
Ethernet (in another room), digital out to a Musical Fidelity M1 CLiC.
Old wireless laptop running Xubuntu controls server using Chromium.
Squeezelite on Vortexbox, Ubuntu & Windows desktops plus the laptop.
Meridian Explorer USB DAC to listen directly to Vortexbox & other PCs as
required.  Spare Touch in loft!