Marc_S wrote:
> Mnyb, thanks for checking this. Should we open now a bug fix request?
>
> Basic question: does the FW of the Touch keeps somewhere in a register a
> record holding info on the menu it is at a certain point of time and is
> that sync'd then in the LMS?
> Then after power recovery the Touch should read this value in this
> record again and force the player to continue in the state (menu) just
> before the power loss.

Actually i don’t know how the state machine works .

And also there might not be a "correct" behaviour there could be many
opinions .

Current behaviour is actually to resume to stopped state and the stopped
screensaver , it is reasonable . Many would argue that this is a working
solution and predictable .

*Personally I would be happy if it could differentiate between off and
stopped . If it was off it should return to off else resume as stopped*
I would be perfectly happy with that .

I'm not sure how much of the menus actually are local to the player many
of them are produced by the server ! the obvious ones are the artist
list and app menu favorites, albums, genre .
It may not be realistic to expect it to resume at the exact spot in the
menu . It is impossible if the server is not there in some cases as the
menus themselves would not be present .

If the server is present it could be suggested that the player should
resume it's previous state on ,off, stopped , playing ,paused in the
case of playing or paused it could show the "now playing screen"

The hard to handle case would be what there is no server ? this could be
totally unpredictable ,stopped migth suffice here ? Some user have the
SvrPowerControl plugin sending the player to mysqueezebox.com when the
server goes down.
You see this can quickly turn into a mess .

And I must stress that its really not a normal use case to turn off the
power on the network and players every day so this might get you nowhere
anyway . The normal user sees this once a year or less .
So you could save yourself a lot of grief but simply not power down
these parts , just power down the pc and actually are you powering of
the PC while it's running that cant be good ?

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)