Mnyb, thanks for alk the additional info.

I do agree that the dynamic IP asignments from mysb.com and
wifi-connections can cause unexplanable issues (especially after a power
outage recovery).

Best set-up is of course:
- wired connection between Touch/SB and router
- static IPs in whole home network (as I have here as well)
- local server running the LMS 24/7
- define that the Touch always connects solely to the LMS

What I do here locally and what I probably shouldn't, is that I switch
off the power of all three: Touch, LMS server (my Acer netbook / in a
controlled way) and router during the night with a timer. Then all 3
are powered up every morning again.

Likely the Touch is back on earlier than the LMS server and can likely
not find the LMS and starts searching for the mysb.com server which is
as well on another (dynamic) IP address.

Let me please know as well what your last experiment of last night
brings.