garym wrote:
> or do you mean plugins, that are installed with LMS?

I guess so. I just took over the terminology used here:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?94512-Announce-Enhanced-Digital-Output-app-USB-Dac-and-192k-Digital-Ouput

... for the "Enhanced Digital Output app"

But its true, that it is more a plug-in than an app, but I am actually
not very familiar with the technical terminology.

Anyway: It is in particular this EDO - plug-in, that I want to be sure
to be able to reinstall it, even if once upon a time it may not be
available anymore over the Plug-In (or app-) installer itself, as the
latter relies on mysqueezebox.com (or other online resources that may
close at the discretion of Logitech or others).

Thanks for any help on how to back up such a plugin