CDLehner wrote:
> My man; if I knew how to do -that-...you think I'd be here, looking for
> help. :o

The question is not whether you know how to do it but whether when
asked, you'll follow instructions and try to do it and provide hard
feedback or whether you decide it's too much effort especially as a
solution is not guaranteed. Using the SBT shell command are no more
complex  than changing the kernel or all the other tests you've been
doing.

I don't use EDO and do not have a DAC so cannot provide any definitive
help.  But from this thread - different kernel have been used to sort
out issues with USB support. However, looking at other forums the
problems with X300As on Linux seem to be associated with Alsa mixer
controls  which is a different type of problem.  I don't think X300a (or
its DAC chip in another device) have been tested on SBT/EDO before so
unless Triode (who is usually v. busy) is going to do some guidance, you
need to get a better undertsanding of the problem.