paulster wrote:
> You don't need to use DSD files if you're using DoP. They're stored in a
> PCM container so LMS will scan the usual tags. The only exception would
> be using 7.9 and SqueezeLite, where you can scan DSD files but have
> SqueezeLite pass them to the DAC as DoP. DoP files can be stored in
> FLAC, ALAC, WAV, etc.

Hmm.  I saw this article, which led me to believe that 7.8 was at least
preferable, if not necessary.

http://www.easysqueezebox.com/index.php/articles/dsd-files-on-squeezebox-an-introduction/

I do have the ability to use JRiver to create DoP files.

But in any event, before I head down this path, I'm hoping for some
insight on the compatibility of EDO with my DACs.  I note several rather
confusing (to me) posts relating to kernel 12, some of them apparently
arising after the user moved to 7.8.