Jeff07971 wrote:
> Was this off load not being charged, Off load being charged, on load not
> being charged or on load being charged ?
>

> The touch may take more current on startup which will cause the battery
> voltage to drop, possibly below the drop-out voltage of the first
> regulator

5.11v was no load and without being charged. So from what you say this
will increase a little when on charge. Shame if this is the case as I've
not seen too many 6v (say) bettery packs around (apart from humungous
bike batteries etc).

Yes, audiophile mucking about - switching from mains power to battery
definitely makes a small improvement.