daleyb wrote:
> going to purchase a S.B.T. ...to get me going just going to use Internal
> HD on main Computer.Just wondering How many folk on here use a NAS DRIVE
> with S.B.T. I was going to get a 2 drive bay Use wd red with 2x 4tb. A
> local Computer shop I would be better off to get a 4 bay drive (its more
> cost effective)and fill it with 4x 4tb (seems a bit OTT for my needs but
> His he right.
>
> So...What are the benefits of A NAS. do I need one..? Or is my Internal
> HD good enough to start with..?
>
> He also says avoid  a NAS without a FAN... (But if just having Music on
> it NOT video/Films does this Matter..??)
>
> So whadda y'all think...??

NAS can be on 24/7 serving music and your main computer can then be
turned off.  My advise. Slow down on the NAS issue for now and get
everything else working with the Touch connected to your stereo and LMS
running on your main computer with data on main computer.  Once you've
fully figured all this out then you *may* want to shop for a NAS.  It
has to be a NAS that can run LMS...not all can.  But the NAS can wait.

*Home:* VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio
(all ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win8(64) > LMS 7.9 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng8 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify