Man in a van wrote:
> Answer:
>
> 1) leave it to run when you start the PC, no point in it being on unless
> you wake in the middle of the night :eek:  and want some tunes.
>
> 2) yes LMS can be run on a Qnap, but at the moment that is a step to
> far, patience, Grasshopper..:p

When Grasshopper is ready for embedded server I can highly recommend
Qnap.  Hot-Plug hard drives (I use WD Red now) with RAID mean you can
replace/upgrade a drive(s) while the system keeps running.  The time
saved adds up to cost savings versus upfront price.   The Qnap is also
very reliable; my TS-239 Pro bought in 2010 is still going strong and
fast with latest Qnap software.  Then there is all the other stuff you
can do on the Qnap beyond the music aspect.