Fizbin wrote:
> Just thought I'd bring this old thread back for this question...
>
> I'm still using a crossover cable to connect my Touch with my PC. It's
> nice not having to bother with a router. Anyway, I was thinking about
> buying a Transporter as well. I happen to have a couple extra crossover
> cables. Can I connect BOTH units to my PC via crossover cables and a
> ethernet splitter?

Yes, you just need an ethernet switch, not a router. Pretty inexpensive.
I have the 8 port version of this one from TP-Link and it's worked
flawlessly. Just plug it in, connect your PC and your Squeezeboxes and
you're done. Nothing to configure.

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-Gigabit-Ethernet-Desktop-TL-SG105/dp/B00A128S24