To add to this thread, my Touch recently became very sluggish to respond
to the IR remote. The same remote worked fine on the Radio and Boom.
After reading this thread I decided to order a new power supply and that
indeed remedied the problem. The remote now works as well as it did
originally. Was prepared to do the IR sensor replacement and made notes
based on this thread highlighting the part number and location of the
sensor. At this point it will not be necessary, but appreciate the
information contributed by the forum members.

McIntosh MC352, 2 MC2300's gone but not forgotten
Carver M1.5t & C1
1 Squeezebox Classic, 2 Booms, 1 Radio & 1 Touch -w- 7000+ CD's
Sony PS-X600 Shure V15 type V
JBL L220 Oracle & K2 S9800SE