Well ofcourse it sounds different :) otherwise Tidal marketing guys done
something wrong .

I would like to get my hands on some MQA tracks . Software decode them
them to 24/192 then convert them to 16/44.1 and do a DBT .

I've done similar things with my 24/96 and 24/192 Hd downloads and
DVDA's.
Downconverted the actual hd track to cd res NOT compared the CD version
or some other version that's apples and oranges.

Btw proper listening s test are hard to do , be 100% sure abut that the
level is the same proper blinding and foremost is it the same thing (
same master ).

So MQA brings something that not even proper 24/192 or 24/96 does not do
? OK.
In level matched blind tests with the same material no human can hear
the difference between 24/192 and 16/44.1 that's a fact.

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )