Julf wrote:
> Yes.
>

> You will start getting truncation and/or interpolation as soon as you
> turn down the volume at all, but it won't affect the upper 16 bits until
> below -48 dB. I would have thought that is way below 60%.

I'd like to know where this correlates to in regard to LMS volume
setting.

Julf wrote:

> Well, theoretically at least you could turn down the volume until there
> is only 1 or 2 bits of resolution left, and then amplify that up to
> normal listening volumes... but unless your gain structure is way, way
> out of wack, there is no reason to worry.

With only one or two bits of resolution, this would be very audible, I'd
think, and not of much use given the topic and drift of this thread.

Again, it'd be nice to know where the -sweet spot- is in regard to a)
keeping the full 16 bits and b) having some wiggle room on either side
for fine-tuning the volume via remote control.

Thanks,
Jason