I've said this before modern consumer electronics is generally not made
to be repaired .

BOM of the unit is probably less than 10 minutes of someones time , and
the design with ic and smd's are not easy.
So during warranty you get a new unit for whatever fault.

And no one has to train anyone or publish schematics or manuals or any
kind of service manuals anymore.

Its basically made to be recycled , most of can probably be properly
recykled.

+1000 on the hoarding aproach :)

I think i have 3 Touch one in an unopened box , replaced 2 of my still
working ones with rpi3's
There is also an SB3 and a duet stored .

Regretably no spare boom or radio yet ?

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )