Zombie wrote:
> There isn't any > button in Artists or Albums, just a list.

.
.
If you are referring to the "Shuffle" button, it is on the squeezebox
device display for Example on a Touch the Shuffle Button is just to the
left of the left most Volume Bar Speaker Icon. One can also "Shuffle" a
playlist from LMS by clicking the same Shuffle Icon in the Main Right
Pane of LMS (it is in the exact same location between the Loop Playlist
Icon and left most Volume Bar Speaker Icon).

One can change the Total Number of allowed Tracks in a Playlist in LMS
under Settings> Advance Tab > Performance (which is under the drop down
tab) > Maximum Playlist Length. The setting is variable but has two
fixed meaning, if one enters "0" then there is no restriction on
Playlist Length (this can really slow down a server if one is making
5000 track playlists) and the other fixed setting is 10 which is the
Minimum Length Playlist Limit IE numbers 1 - 9 are illegal inputs. Any
other numbers chosen will be the maximum allowed Tracks in a Playlist.
Example: by putting 250 in the box, no playlist can exceed 250, so when
the two hundred and fifty first song is added, song one is deleted by
pushing it off the list. The exception to this rule is when one is using
Tidal, then the list maximum is 500.

Lastly I know this will not work for the OP because he is using Tidal,
but when using one's actual Library to play ALL Favorites randomly I do
not use a playlist or Shuffle. I copied my 5000 favorite songs to a
separate specific Library. When I want to listen to ALL my favorites
randomly, I point LMS at my Favorites Library, then I pick Random Mix
from the Main Left Panel. Then the number of Favorites in a huge
Playlist can't slow down the Server due to some huge Playlist because
there is NO Playlist. Once the Touch gets 21 songs loaded it will
display the last 10 songs played, the current song playing as number 11
plus the next 10 randomly picked songs to be played when scrolling
through the list on the display. Once it plays song 11, and song 22
would be add, song one is pushed off and 11 will now be the current song
playing since the list will now stay at 21 songs. NOTE: For those that
have huge libraries and want to do this, I recommend building a NUC or
Raspberry Pi server so you have two Servers (your huge library Sever and
your small Favorites Server so you don't have to do rescans). Since I
have a Separate Vortexbox Sever just for Music and a second Vortexbox
Server for Movies plus my 5000 Favorites, I just use the IP Address of
my Movies Server when opening LMS in a web browser so I no longer have
to do any Library pointing or timely rescans of a huge Library anymore.
.
.

*iPhone*
Media Room:
ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp,
Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers:
Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video:
Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model
3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive