My reply is below.

QUOTE=mherger;895563]> As mentioned, I once again did the clean cache
and rescan entire library
> routine. After about 3 1/2 hours I once again got the "unexpected
> termination" message. I have attached the scan and server logs from
this
> latest effort.

Are you using LMS to serve media files (in particular movies and photos)

to DLNA renderers? Your scan seems to be crashing while scanning
photos/movies. If you didn't do this intentionally, then make sure you
disable this in Settings/Basic in the web UI.

After unchecking the Pictures box in Basic Settings I initiated a
complete rescan, including the clean cache option. The scan did complete
and I assume that LMS will now function.

I have attached copies of the scan log and server log after the
completion of the most recent scan.

This is pretty strange because I am almost certain that I did not check
the Pictures box until after I had encountered this problem. But if LMS
is going to work I will not spend any time, or ask anyone else to spend
time trying to figure out exactly what happened. I can only assume that
after I did check the Pictures box that did create a problem, as Michael
speculated. So many thanks to everyone who made suggestions, especially
to John and Michael, who were very helpful.

I do have another question, to which there is probably not a simple
answer. The question is why is LMS listing albums under the last name of
an album artist when I have taken care to list all albums by that album
artist under his/her first name? I will give a specific example. I have
5 albums by Bud Powell. I have listed him as album artist “Bud Powell”
in all the albums. I have listed him and the other band members as
artists. There is no albumartistsort or artistsort checked in the
tagging software (Mp3tag). Bud Powell is not listed under the Bs. He is
listed as Bud Powell under the Ps. This happens with some other albums
too. However, I am unable to see any consistency or pattern to it. Does
anyone have any idea what might be causing this? If so I will appreciate
your help. However, for now I have a LOT of work to do trying to clean
up the mess in my library (to correct all the errors and warnings that
appear in the logs). I had no idea I had such a mess until you guys
pointed it out to me. I am going to try to do a better job of file
maintanence.

Many thanks for all your help.

Here are the new logs

23729[ATTACH]23730[/

Michael

|Filename: server.log.zip                                           |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23730|