Dear SBT Community:

I have a few questions...

I own and use two SBTs: one I have been using (at my bedroom desk)
exclusively to play Internet radiostreams via its analog RCA audio
outputs connected to a pair of powered speakers. The one in the living
room--while sometimes also playing Web radio--primarily plays FLAC files
I've ripped to a hard drive (connected to the SBT via a fanless mini-PC
running LMS on Windows 7); the bits flow from the SBT's coaxial output
to an Oppo BDP-105D; the audio goes into the living room's audio
system.

I'm now interested in joining much of the rest of the 21st century in
exploring music streaming services (for general exploration of the
medium, for low-cost accessing recordings for study [I'm a musician],
and for trying out music to decide whether I want to own it [via
physical media or downloads--I do try to support artists through
purchases], or whether occasional online access is sufficient]. A
secondary interest is checking out some hi-res recordings, to see
whether they're worth investing in. I'm currently planning to subscribe
to TIDAL [I intend to decide between their standard ("Premium"--ah,
adjective inflation!) and lossless ("HiFi") options by listening during
their 12-day free trial period], although I also want access to Spotify
as well (depending on how their catalogs fit my eclectic listening, I
might even--sigh--subscribe to both).

In reading posts here, it seems--please check my understanding and
advise!--that what I need to do is to:

-- for my bedroom SBT, get another fanless PC or equivalent device to
host LMS--OR somehow extend my living room fanless PC's WiFi's reach so
I can put the bedroom SBT on that network (I've been keeping the living
room fanless PC and SBT off of my home WiFi network for listening to my
hard drive files);
-- update the LMS software in my SBTs and my mini-PC to 7.9, or at least
update my bedroom SBT to 7.8.0 (currently, my bedroom SBT is running
version 7.7.3 r16676; the living room SBT has 7.8.0 r16754; the living
room PC has 7.8.0 1394196562);
-- for accessing TIDAL, install the ickStream Open Beta for Squeezebox
plug in on my audio PC, then set up a TIDAL account and point an SBT to
it;
-- for now, give up on accessing Spotify because Spotty does not run on
Windows.

Is the above "how-to" list correct?

I have not yet figured out how to update my bedroom SBT's software to
7.8.0 or 7.9; can someone point me to instructions for that?

By the way, on my living-room SBT, under "Squeezebox Information", there
is a list of plug-ins that I never installed (!), but that look
interesting to me given my interest in exploring music streaming (my
bedroom SBT shows no such list). The list includes classical.com,
Deezer, MOG, Pandora, Rhapsody, SiriusXM...comments/advice? Are they
actually installed and useable? Are they residing on that SBT, or on its
PC? Would I need another fanless PC (or similar) to enable my bedroom
SBT to access those services?

Thanks!