I suggest a single network. Put your PC running LMS on that network.
Use standard firewall/anti-virus software on the PC running LMS and
you'll be fine.

jeromeharris wrote:
> however, I already use a powerline adapter pair to extend the reach of
> our existing broadband network from our bedroom (where our ISP service
> enters our apartment) to our living room. Can two powerline-adapter
> systems be used near each other, each extending a different WiFi
> network, without causing interference problems for those networks? Our
> apartment has enough electrical outlets so the adapter boxes would not
> share outlets.

Why do you need two powerline adapters near each other.  I use
powerlines in one location.  I have an adapter near the router. Then
another near a player and another near another player.  My powerline
adapters can have multiple points and they all talk back to the same
router. They are not "separate" powerline systems.  If you need more
than one ethernet connection at the powerline adapter location, you can
simply have a small "dumb" ethernet switch (I have several that are 4,
5, or 10 slot switches).  Plug the switch into the powerline eithernet.
Then plug other ethernet cables into the switch.  One can also buy
powerline switches that have two ethernet cable receptacles per adapter.

jeromeharris wrote:
> Having an audio-only WiFi "sub-network" sounds really useful to me (for
> instance, I recall reading somewhere that multiple SBTs on one network
> can play independent streams at the same time), if I can implement it
> without undue expense and physical hassle.

This is true, but unrelated to having a separate WIFI sub-network. I
have a single home network. I can connect to the router with either
ethernet or wifi. Some of my Squeezebox players are wifi connected and
some ethernet.  I can play the same thing to all of the players or
different things to each room.

*Home:* VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom,
Radio (all ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify