hi there,

sorry to hijack your thread but am i right in saying that you decided to
stick with your pc? do you have any idea how much power it consumes at
all?

can anyone suggest which would be the most performant of these
solutions? i've tried migrating from my full PC setup with everything
running locally to a raspberry pi 3 and storage on an ancient readynas
duo v1. everything seems to work fine albeit slowly with the exception
of my favourite playlist which is approx. 6000 tracks.

because of the way that lms handles playlists, the pi tries to load and
verify all 6000 tracks which it cannot currently handle at all.

the massive spike in cpu load suggests that the ram is the bottleneck
rather than slow storage.

would an upgrade to a newer nas help? the other option is to run lms
directly on something like the synology ds218play (i'm not sure i can
stretch to the 4 bay version) although this only has 1gig of ram like
the pi.

thanks in advance!