Hello everybody,

I, as many others obviously, have time-synching problems with my
Squeezebox Touch. It runs a local Media Server and takes its music from
a USB stick, this setup is fairly recent. Now I've noticed that the time
displayed is off by a couple of minutes, and research took me to this
forum.

I read, among others, these threads:
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?79894-My-Touch-is-loosing-time/
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?85339-Wrong-time-showing-on-Touch/
Also this:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Logitech_Media_Server_CLI
and this
https://github.com/elParaguayo/LMS-CLI-Documentation/blob/master/LMS-CLI.md

I guess I understand now why the time "slip" happens and I read a lot
about using SSH to change the time or even writing a cron job to fix it,
which is what I'd like to try, too:
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?85339-Wrong-time-showing-on-Touch&p=608399&viewfull=1#post608399

I don't have any security enabled on the SBT, so I use telnet to connect
to it; SSH wouldn't connect. I can verify that it works by typing stuff
like "info total songs ?" and getting a reply.

But when I e. g.  try using the date command like
date -s "2018-05-23 19:52:00"
I just get the usual "echoed" reply and the time displayed won't change.
The same happened when I tried to type the commands linked above to
create the cron job. What puzzles me is how I'm supposed to work without
getting feedback from the console about what actually happens, and the
comment about using vi threw me off - I don't even have a command
prompt. I also didn't see any vi editor (which I would know how to use),
and I couldn't tell whether my file was created or not. Is stuff
different when I use SSH (wiki says "no")? Is there a better way than to
use telnet/PuTTY?

I'm afraid I need a walkthrough here. :(