Yes I'm aware of aiff. It was the default audio file format on my SGI O2
... The implication of what's being discussed is that there is a *data*
dependency for this file. Something, very odd, about the audio data
itself is causing the Touch to require buffering whether it's played as
aiff (i.e. stupendous bitrate) or even flac (half the bitrate).

Random thoughts but does it still have an issue when MP3 encoded...??

I do recall the occasional bug where hardware buses can misinterpret
valid data streams, throw a bogus CRC error and jump into error recovery
code, which can delay things immensely. I doubt that's what's happening
here but it's a demonstration of the odd things that *can* happen..

-Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk-

--
Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with
Debian+LMS 7.9.0