Curious, with touch as a server, would the option to switch to mysb.com
still be available on the menus? This would address the https streaming.

No, it would not, as mysb can't stream those either.

Rescan is not an issue, but the "random crashes" are concerning to me
(my friends inability to tolerate, restart things). Do they "just
happen" or is it when you try to do too much?

I think it's just too low on memory. Anything that increases memory usage can be risky. Using the image screen saver is a safe way to kill TinyLMS. Or larger libraries. Or probably just messing around.

Give it a try.

--

Michael