I have been playing around with this, and it seems like adding a usb
stick (128GB) to the touch will be perfect for my friend. It really is
quite cool to discover something new on a device that is already so cool
:D

The one question I have, and am concerned with (because he is non
techie) is the mount/dismount and power up/down.

I understand the need to dismount, but am unclear as to what power up
and down mean (as defined in the wiki). I assume that it means
disconnecting and reconnecting power to the unit, and not the power
button on the touch (that brings on the "power off" screensaver)?

This assumption means you can operate the touch continuously and power
it on and off through the touchscreen. But, if you need to unplug it for
whatever reason - unmount the sd/usb first. Then when you repower, mount
the usb, and start the lms.

Also, for him to add music, it would be:
1) Unmount USB,
2) Take USB to his PC to add music
3) Plug USB back in, follow prompts to mount.
4) Start LMS, rescan initiates.

Do I have this right?

Jim

PS - I have to admit something embarassing. I own and use 3 touches for
years, and am prepping this fourth for my friend. I never knew there was
a SD slot on the side. I guess I never needed to know...:o