Despite coming to the previous conclusion that Wi-Fi was not to blame
(due to streaming working flawlessly to my phone), I did try the
suggestion of rebooting the router anyway. Just like Tuneman described,
everything was working great shortly thereafter. Unfortunately, also as
Tuneman described the problems resurfaced a day later. I stole an
ethernet cable from a different device and switched the connection and
it appears to be working properly. So, it does appear to be something
with the WiFi even though all hardware has been in place for some time.
Perhaps ATT pushed a firmware update that is causing new problems.
Looking into that I see the firmware version I have (2.3.4) is only a
couple of months old now.. around as old as these problems (and perhaps
a related wifi issue with my Android phone).

Tuneman, just curious, by chance do you have that firmware on your
router? I have the BGW210-700.