syrah wrote:
> Hi Tim, so going back all the way to your original post in 2011, and to
> clarify, the file type settings that best sorted out the rebuffering
> issues you had would be to set Flac - Flac as Native?
>
> How about Flac - Pcm? Should it be Flac - Pcm = Flac OR Flac - Pcm =
> Disabled.
>
> Thanks in advance.
Gosh, that was a while ago.  I moved off Windows for all my systems not
too long after that first post, and have never looked back (although I
keep it in a dual-boot system - not the music server - to keep my eye in
a few times a year).  I remember little of it, having a poor memory.

I think you should stick to the default file types, as suggested by
garym.  I never had much, if any, trouble with them once my (long gone)
Windows issues were resolved.  The Touch seems to work well with flacs,
and the network load is reduced somewhat compared to pcm.  I also
installed the Enhanced Digital Output app on the Touch, which can now
handle 192khz flacs.

I have now moved into a different sound universe of poor hearing, and
have to try to manipulate the sound either directly in the
custom-convert.conf file, or using the C-3PO plugin, so I'm afraid I
can't give any further practical advice.

LMS 7.9.3 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps.  2
Touchs & EDO.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz
CR603 UPnP renderers.
Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.