Sorry to re-visit an old thread but I'm still struggling to add album
art to my FLAC/WAVE files stored on my Synology NAS.

I was playing an old album yesterday that I had ripped years ago without
the album artwork and thought I'd try and add on the album art
accordingly.  I downloaded a JPG file of said cover and dragged and
dropped it into the appropriate folder in File Station on the Synology
NAS.  I then went into LMS on the NAS and applied a new rescan for new
media files but still no artwork is showing when I play it back on my
Touch. I can't help but think I must be doing something fundamentally
wrong, maybe my settings are wrong, but I can't see what for the life of
me.  Not the most important or pressing thing in my life at the moment,
there's plenty more serious things going on at present, but I'm still
intrigued.

These days I use a paid for ripping programme dBPoweramp that is
excellent, and which provides all the artwork no problem. Back in the
day I used to use the free dBPoweramp programme that didn't provide
artwork.