Dhammavijaya wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'd like to revive my Touch and use it connected physically to a USB
> HDD.
>
> I need maybe 1TB of data.
>
> Is there a recommended modern one that works well with both the Touch
> and a MAC?

For many years I connected an externally powered usb hard drive to the
touch and ran its tiny LMS.  It was clunky and tiny LMS would
occasionally crash, but it worked.  I used it because I did not have to
run my windows computer to run LMS.  Then the hard drive failed.

I switched to a raspberry pi running picoreplayer and LMS with a
connected hard drive.  I should have made the switch earlier!  Much
easier to use.  Another reason is there will be no updates to tiny LMS,
but LMS for the pi will be updated.

It is not worth the trouble to deal with Tiny LMS.  Get a pi or check
out polyvectron core32 for a plug and play solution.

If you really want to rebuild what you had before, use an externally
powered usb drive.  The touch power supply is inadequate to power many
usb drives.