> If I can get pcc, musl, and this to build toybox, I'll be _thrilled_.
>
> Unfortunately, my first attempt to get "elftoolchain" to compile got an
> error message about wanting bsd make. This makes me suspect that
> building a linux kernel with this is deeply unlikely in the short run...
>
> Last release in 2012. Bit concerning...

wow, i didnt even notice! I did see two different make files i believe, one
labeled gnumakefile?

> You may be interested in the "make change" target.
>
> (It's in the "can you make change for a twenty" sense. Builds each
> command standalone. there are still some hiccups in the standalone build
> due to dependencies on shared infrastructure, but I'm working through
> them and am happy to get bug reports. I fixed the basic command

I remember you saying you had that feature implemented i just haven't
gotten to testing it for myself. it only makes sense in my case to build
the singles. im not worried about size other than a indicator of clean vs
bloated code and when you get that init going i want it running separately
from the rest of toybox programs to protect pid1

> > I feel this distribution should follow Rob and Rich's example more or
> > less.
>
> We're just following Ken and Dennis' example. ("The Unix Philosophy", by
> Mike Gancarz, left an impression on me.)

I noticed, I found some interesting articles and one led to another through
some good unix history. well highlights anyways.