On 02/03/2015 11:14 PM, Yeongdeok Suh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I usually use 'scripts/test.sh' scrips for testing ARM based boards.
>
> But Toybox test script does compile and running at the same time,
> so it's hard to compile and execute testsuite independently in cross
> compile environment,
> On the other hand, busybox test script works that separately.
> Does it have any reason?

If you set TEST_HOST=1 it will test the commands in the existing $PATH.

> I'm considering add options to 'scripts/test.sh' (compile-only /
> run-testsuite-only options)

You can compile with "scripts/single.sh commandname", so you can do
something like:

  scripts/single.sh command
  mkdir sub
  mv command sub
  PATH=$PWD/sub:$PATH TEST_HOST=1 scripts/test.sh command

I thought this was documented somewhere... yes, in code.html. (Alas, not
very prominently, but it is there. Under "Directory scripts/", see
http://landley.net/toybox/code.html#toys and yes I need a better anchor
tag for that.)

> And does Android use this script for testing?

Elliott mentioned that he does a lot of testing by hand. I need to
improve the infrastructure to meet their needs better.

Rob