Jani Tiainen wrote:
> Ilias Lazaridis kirjoitti:
>> Just switched again to read the group via the news-client (gmane nntp
>> gateway).
>>
>> I try to get an overview of the messages and see...
>>
>> [Trac]
>> [Trac]
>> [Trac]
>> [Trac]
>>
>> Not a very good readability.
>
> Well, this is _mailinglist_ not newsgroup. :)
>
> So should there be something else becouse some "hack" (well gmane is a
> hack) filters something out.
>
> And what comes to gmane, I can read (by using Thunderbird) headers same
> way as here in e-mail. So there might be something in your reader that
> messes things up.
>
> Even your message contains proper titles etc.

[Trac] Readability of this group, "[Trac]"

I mean this "[Trac]" prefix. On other mailinglists read from gmane, the
related tag does _not_ appear, thus I can read the headers without this
annoying prefix.

So the list-admin should either completely remove it (email filtering
can be done by "Reply-To" header or other mechanisms, we have the year
2006!!!), or at least configure _gmane_ to ripe it out.

.

--
http://lazaridis.com